Training and Development
Training and development is a subsystem of the company aimed at improving the performance of individual employees and groups. Training is an educational process that involves improving skills and concepts, changing attitudes and acquiring additional knowledge to improve employee performance. Good and effective training of employees helps to develop their skills and knowledge, which ultimately helps the company to improve.
The training is to know where you are right now and after a while where you will reach your abilities. Through training, people can explore new information and methods and update their knowledge and skills. This leads to significant improvement and summarizes the effectiveness of the work. The reason for the training is to create an effect that lasts longer than the time of the training itself, and the employee is informed about the new phenomenon. The training can be offered as a refresher course for individuals and groups.
Organizational development is a process aimed at “building capacities to achieve and sustain a new desired welfare state for the organization or community and the world around it.
There is a link between training and development, and there is a clear difference between the two depending on the objectives to be achieved. Development is done to solve training problems:
In order for companies to be able to improve further, it is important that companies have continuous education and training programs for their employees. Competition and the business environment are constantly changing, so it is essential to continue learning and acquiring new skills.
The importance of education and training is as follows:
- Optimal use of human resources
- Development of skills such as time management, leadership, team management, etc.
- Increase of productivity and motivation of employees
- bring team spirit and zeal
- To improve the corporate culture
- Improving quality, safety, and security
- Increased profitability
- Improving the morale and image of the company
Need for training and further education
Training and developing employees is a costly activity as it requires many high-quality inputs from trainers and employees. However, it is essential that the company reviews its goals and effectiveness against changes in the environment.
Here are some of the key reasons why the company supports training and development
- When management believes it is necessary to improve employee performance
- Establishing the benchmark for improving performance to date.
- Training on the specific responsibilities and skills of the position, such as communication management, team management, etc..
- Test the new methodology to increase productivity.
Training and development have their price. However, since it is advantageous for companies in the long term, they ensure that employees receive regular training. Some advantages are:
1. Helps employees to develop new skills and expand their knowledge
2. Improves the efficiency and productivity of individuals and teams
3. Proper training and development can eliminate bottlenecks in operations
4. New and improved positions can be created to make the business leaner
5. Maintain employee motivation and update their goals, ambitions and contribution levels
There are several advantages, but some of the disadvantages of education and training are mentioned below:
1. This is an expensive process that involves hiring the right trainers and recruitment people for unprofitable activities
2. There is a risk that the employee will leave the workplace after training and development
Education and training is a continuous process, as skills, knowledge and work quality must be continuously improved. As companies evolve rapidly, it is important for companies to focus on training their employees after constantly monitoring them and developing their overall personality.
The steps in the training and development process are as follows:
2. Define specific objectives and targets to be achieved
3. Select training methods
4. Execution and implementation of employee programs
5 Evaluate results and performance after training and development measures
6. continue monitoring and evaluating performance and review whether further training is required
This concludes the definition of education and training and its overview.